Sunday, January 25, 2015

Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice

(image source because I didn't get a 
chance to take the picture on my own)


Anyone who knows me knows that I DESPISE cauliflower. My parents thought they could force me to eat cauliflower when I was young, but little did they know that I would hide it in the trash as soon as they turned around (Sorry mom!) But, something in my head today thought "hey, what if I was the one who cooked it the way that I think would be tasty?" in hopes that I make something tasty out of cauliflower... Lo' and behold... something that I was able to swallow... AND ENJOY!

Ingredients
I head of cauliflower
1/2 a bunch of cilantro, chopped
1/4-1/2 teaspoon of lime juice
2-4 tablespoons of coconut oil or ghee (or butter)

Directions
1. Shred cauliflower either on a grater or pulse in a food processor to make "rice"
2. Melt coconut oil in a large pan
3 Add cauliflower and sautee for about 5 minutes until it softens up (you  may have to work in batches depending on how big of a pan you have and how much cauliflower you grate)
4. Place cauliflower in a bowl. Once it's all done, mix in the cilantro and lime juice
5. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment