Sunday, August 24, 2014

How I meal prep for the week

This special dedicated post goes out to my BFF, Katya. She asked me what I do to meal prep, and this week happened to be a great variety week to share, so here we go...


I start by prepping my snacks first. They're the easiest to pack up. Above are Archer Farms nut mix, unsalted. Find it at Target. 

I also love Quest bars, Bear Naked energy bars (for those extreme cardio nights), Greek yogurt (also good as a "dessert" for after lunch), and some energy drinks. 

I'll also chop up some cucumber and portion out baby carrots to grab and go for me and the husband. 

Next is figuring out what my proteins are going to be. I wanted to finish off my giant pack of turkey burgers, so that's for some of my meals. 

I also had some chicken sausage, so that was used for some others. I bought a 2-pack of salmon patties at the grocery store today, so I had one for dinner and one I'll have for lunch tomorrow. The husband decided on grabbing some chicken meatballs. Once it gets a little cooler outside, I'll make my own.... It's just running the oven for longer than a hour makes the house unbearably hot. 

Next I worked on my veggies. Green beans were on sale, so I popped them into the steamer and worked on chopping the other veggie portions....

Yellow and zucchini squash, also on sale. Seasoned with some salt and herbs de provedance. These ended up going on the grill to help with over heating the house. 

The final step is the starch/carbs. First we quartered potatoes, sprinkled with extra virgin olive oil, and seasoned with seasoning salt. Pop in the oven at 375* for one hour, flipping halfway through. 

The other starch I went with was whole wheat rotini. Boil 2 cups until done. Then stir in 2 laughing cow cheese wedges while it's still hot and add some Walden Farms sauce (or sauce of choice. A bag of frozen cheesy broccoli works well, too). Sorry I don't have the final picture of this. 

The final product.  5 days of lunches and dinners for me, and 5 days of lunches for the husband.

Hope this gives you some ideas for meal prep. It doesn't have to be complicated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment