Sunday, November 20, 2011

Super Easy Sunday

I'm prepping myself for 3 days worth of gluttony. Ha!

So, i decided to keep it super easy this week. My lunches will consist of salads and my snacks will be stuff that I have leftover in the fridge.

Breakfast (tastes like a chocolate chip cookie!!)
1/2 C Oatmeal
1 T brown sugar
1 T mini chocolate chips


Lunch
Spinach
Quinoa
Roasted Garbanzo Beans (recipe below)
Avocado
Goat cheese
Tomatoes
Honey crisp apple for "dessert"

Snack 1
Caramel greek yogurt w/Blackberries

Snack 2
Butter toffee almonds w/banana

Snack 3
2 T Chocolate PB2
Banana
Graham cracker
(make it all into a sammich)

And, on to my one recipe for today...
Roasted Garbanzo Beans
These are crazy delicious on their own, but I'll be adding them into my salad for an extra crunch.

1 can garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained
2 t olive oil
seasonings of your choice (I went with garlic powder & salt.... but, you can also do cinnamon and brown sugar)

  1. Preheat to 450°F
  2. Lay parchment paper over sheet & arrange garbanzo beans on top
  3. Bake for 30 minutes (DO NOT ADD EXTRAS YET!)
  4. Once they are done, mix the garbanzo beans with the oil & your seasonings of choice
  5. Try not to eat them all at once!

And, I also want to share some crafts that I've been working on.

Super Easy Mod Podge Magnets
Supplies:
Scrapbook paper
Mod Podge
Foam brush
Clear pebbles (for vases, etc)
Magnets
Hot glue gun & glue

1. Trace the pebble on the paper & cut out

2. Mod podge the paper and adhere to pebble. Then, mod podge it again.

3. Once dry, use hot glue to attach magnet to back

Trash Bag Container
I followed the instructions from Tater tots & Jello.


Supplies
10-12 plastic bags
1 empty disinfectant wipe can
1 sheet of scrapbook paper
Mod podge
Foam brush
Ruler
Scissors


1. Measure your container's height & circumference.
2. Cut out a strip with the measurements from the paper

3. Mod podge the paper onto the can.

4. Follow the instructions from the blog regarding how to roll the bags. And then, stuff them in, and you're done!
 
I store mine in the half bath so that we're never out of bags for the trash can!

Have a great Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment