Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Protein Balls


You see that plate of little chocolate balls?  Yeah, they're delicious and the perfect preworkout or just plain snack item. I tend to munch on 2 of those with an apple as a morning snack.

Adapted from Fitnessista.
Ingredients
2 T protein powder
2 T creamy nut butter (i prefer almond)
2 T shredded coconut (if you're not a coconut fan, like me, I can assure you that you can barely taste it!)
1 T agave
1 packet of stevia
Pinch of sea salt
1 T dark chocolate chips (look for the Hersheys' Special Dark in the baking section)

Directions
1. In a small food processor, pulse protein powder, nut butter, and coconut until thoroughly combined.
2. Add agave, stevia, and salt and continue to process until a dough forms.
3. Add in chocolate chips and pulse to chop them up and mix them in.
4. Roll into balls. I use a small scooper and then I'll pack them and roll them in my hand.

1 ball = 1 serving
70 calories, 6g carbs, 4 g fat, 3 g protein, 18mg sodium, 5g sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment